New to NFA/Class 3 Firearms?

Information on how individuals can legally own NFA items…

Requirements for Purchasing Machine Guns, Silencers, or Short Barreled Rifles/Shotguns
It is a common misconception that machine guns, silencers (suppressors), sawed-off shotguns, and short barreled rifles are illegal to own. This is entirely untrue. Your Constitutional Right to Bear Arms is guaranteed by the Bill of Rights, and includes all of these types of weapons. The National Firearms Act of 1934 (Title 26, USC Chapter 53) and the Gun Control Act of 1968 make formal provisions for the private ownership of these weapons. Individuals (ie. non-firearms dealer or police dept.) are allowed to purchase machineguns that are classified as “Transferable”, that is, weapons that were registered as machine guns prior to May of 1986. Since there are a finite number of these weapons, prices are continually rising (example – a simple Mac-10 SMG was $500 in 1986 and in 2016 costs $7500). Silencers, Sawed-off Shotguns, and Short Barreled Rifles are still in current productions, so the prices of these items remains fairly constant. For an Individual the requirements to purchase any of these weapons are:

1. Be a US Citizen at least 21 years old
2. Be of sane mind (ie. not adjudicated mentally deficient)
3. Not an abuser of drugs or alcohol
4. Have never been convicted of a felony
5. Pay a $200.00 Federal Transfer Tax on each weapon purchased. (This is a one-time tax, not a yearly tax)
6. Fill out BATF Form 4 and submit to ATF.
7. Have your fingerprints/photographs taken and submitted to BATF with the above application.

After approximately 90-120 days, during which time the FBI runs your prints to verify your identity, etc., the transfer will come back approved. Only after the transfer is approved can you take possession of your item. It is interesting to note that since 1934, when machine guns, silencers, short shotguns/rifles began to be regulated, there has only been one case of a legally owned NFA weapon being used in a crime – and the user was a police officer.

The law also allows Corporations and Trusts to acquire machine guns, silencers, etc. If you have your own Corporation, or you are an Officer in a Corporation, the Corporation can acquire these items, and you, as a Corporate Officer, can keep the item at your home, take it to the range shooting, etc. just as if the item were registered to you. If the Corporation ever dissolves, the item must be transferred out of the Corporation to another individual or Corporation (or Dealer). ATF regulations require that all of the KMP’s (Key Management Personnel) of the corporation, or the named Trustees of a Trust, submit photographs and fingerprints with every transfer.

Many states allow the ownership of legally registered machine guns, silencers, short-barreled rifles/shotguns. At International Police Supply, we are committed to providing you with the highest quality products and services at the most reasonable prices. Please feel free to e-mail us to discuss your firearms needs or to ask us any questions about acquiring specialized weapons or accessories.

Silencers are LEGAL for individuals in the following States (see map below):

Copyright 2004 - 2020 - International Police Supply
Design and Developed by AskOnlineSolutions